Being able to practice meditation properly is a huge advantage, especially if you have a lot of stress in your life. Do you have physical issues, like back pain and joint pain, that prevent you from maintaining a traditional posture for meditation? Or maybe you just can’t get comfortable while sitting cross-legged on the floor.
This is where support tools like cushions and benches come in. The best meditation bench will support your body and keep you comfortable and free from pain while you are meditating. Here are some of our recommendations for good meditation benches.
Best Meditation Bench
Joy is Within You Meditation Bench
- Designed and handmade by Turiya Moore.
- You rotate the bench 180 degrees to change height and seat geometry.
- It is ergonomic and comfortable.
- It has fixed legs for stability.
- 8 x 17.5-inch seat with a unique 1.5-inch multi-density pad.
- The large seat and broad legs provide comfort and stability.
- It is made from high quality woven fabric.
- The legs are made of pine timber that is sustainably harvested from managed forest in British Columbia
- The seat is made of Baltic Birch Plywood harvested and manufactured in Russia by Wolstenholme International, which is FSC certified by the Rainforest Alliance
- There is a lifetime guarantee on the woodwork.
Comes in different sizes
This meditation bench caters to different users of different sizes. It comes in small, medium, and large so you can choose the appropriate one for your height and size.
It is very comfortable to sit on and will give you enough support to allow you to maintain your position during meditation. The padding is firm enough to prevent the backs of your legs from becoming numb during meditation, and there is little to no pressure on your knees.
Lightweight and easy to transport
Whichever size you get, this bench is lightweight and easy to carry around. You can take it anywhere for your meditation. This is great for people who travel away from home or like to go to group meditation sessions.
Who is it for?
This is the best meditation bench for those with back or joint problems that may prevent them from meditating in the usual cross-legged sitting position. This is a great meditation bench for beginners who may prefer a kneeling position for comfort and support. Some people have complained about the standard size not being big enough for them, however, you can contact the manufacturer if you would like bigger bench custom made for you.
Buy it here:
Best Meditation Bench for Beginners
Ikuko Wooden Meditation Bench by Bluecony
- Allows for a natural spine curve while sitting on the ergonomic bench
- Made of a curved and arched seat to provide you with the best comfort
- The open sitting angle between thigh and torso in the kneeling position allows the back to automatically straighten up allowing the spine to balance properly over the pelvis.
- The Ikuko is the ideal kneeling bench allowing you to sit in a natural, balanced, and relaxed posture.
- Can be dismantled and comes with a 100% Organic Cotton bag
- Made in wild cherrywood
This bench is beautifully made and designed while still being minimalistic. It is made with solid cherrywood that makes it durable and long lasting.
Easy to assemble and disassemble
It is very easy to assemble and disassemble for storage. This makes is a great choice for everyday use. It is also great if you travel a lot and like to keep up your meditation while away from home.
Comfortable and provides adequate support
While very comfortable, the meditation bench doesn’t sacrifice good support. This bench provides adequate support for a kneeling position for your meditation.
Who is it for?
Although this bench is undoubtedly comfortable, it is really only designed for people of average size. For smaller or larger people, it may not be suitable or as comfortable as it needs to be. This is a great bench for those who are just starting to meditate and need support and comfort. It is also great for those who have physical issues and need joint and back support. It has a beautiful design and is easy to assemble and disassemble for travel.
Buy it here:
Best Meditation Bench for Comfort
Folding Meditation Bench with Angled Legs
- Alder hardwood angled legs provide steady, firm support.
- The folding legs use heavy-duty hinges and make it convenient to bring to a group meditation or pack in a suitcase
- Durable 10oz cotton upholstery
- Greater comfort and less stress on your joints
- Handmade with excellent quality materials
This meditation bench provides comfort while supporting your body during meditation. This allows you to be focused on your meditation rather than your discomfort. It will provide excellent support for those who have painful joints and back. It is sturdy and long lasting.
Perfect size for the average person
It is the ideal size for people of average height and build. It lets you fold your legs underneath the seat perfectly.
The legs are foldable yet very secure, and it does not slide on the floor when you are on it. Some people have complained about loose hinges on the legs of the bench. But for most people this doesn’t seem to be a major problem.
Who is it for?
This meditation bench is great for beginners or people who need extra support to relieve pressure on their legs and knees because of joint pain.
Buy it here:
Best Meditation Cushion for Beginners